Technology and care
Our process is grounded in the diverse experience and the professional education that our team has. What we start from is the exploration of client's exact needs and the possible alternatives. The process itself is characterised by a careful analysis of the compatibility between the technology and the architecture. For the success of our partnerships, we are also highly focused on following the best quality control practices.Contact us
The word “Virtù” came from Latin, with a more rare use in English today. More broadly, “Virtù” are virtues, values and excellence that can belong to each of us. We maintain 7 main values in our daily life and practice:
Responsibility for any decision taken and work done
Professionalism is based on education, experience, calculations and creativity
Honesty to undertake only feasible projects, loyal to the customer and the community
Responsiveness in communication and tolerance of opinions
Cooperation as a focus in working with all stakeholders – customers, public authorities, subcontractors, and building users
Recognition in rewarding employees and subcontractors
Wit and creativity help in stressful situations in our challenging industry
Our work process is characterized by business thinking. As an architectural office, we are responsible not only to the public, but also to the customer’s resources – including the time devoted to the project. The project development process is followed by a scrupulous approach to project documentation, which results in transparency, traceability and the most reasonable solution.
- Task analysis and specification – at the beginning of design we carefully prepare the client’s specification and determine the goal to be achieved.
- Detailed project and budget planning is the basis for process control
- Development of sketches and proposals, followed by a joint selection of the most appropriate choice.
- Design documentation is developed in both 2D (Autocad) and 3D environment (Revit, Archicad, SketchUp), as well as in BIM (Building Information Model) environment. We use both file sharing tools and regular face-to-face meetings to record all important decisions
- Cooperation with reliable partners – our subcontractors in the design of building structures and engineering networks
- Development of construction project documentation for cost calculation and high-quality construction work in appropriate detail, performing internal and external expertise of project documentation-
- Providing author supervision during construction, and then – we are happy to participate at the opening event of the building!
History and experience
Architectural office virtù was founded in 2005. “Virtù” means to us a passion for architecture and excellence in achieving the best possible result for the client. 15 years of experience allow us to offer clients aesthetic, functional and economically sound architectural projects. From the design task to the completion of the construction, and the improvement of its functions in the future, following the development of the client’s business.
We originally designed comfortable multi-storey residential buildings, design hotels and public interiors. Then, 2008-2010. Despite the crisis in the real estate industry, we renovated and created wonderful public buildings – the Creative House in Ventspils, the Mazbānītis Building in the Ventspils Open – Air Museum, the Kuldīga City Council building complex and territory. The buildings in Ventspils were awarded with the annual awards of Ventspils City Council, as well as with the relentless recognition of visitors for more than 10 years.
During our operation, we have continuously improved our professional qualifications. Since 2009, in-depth competence in improving the sustainability and energy efficiency of buildings has been acquired, which is highly valued by both our customers and the Ministry of Economics, awarding our designed buildings for high energy savings. In 2009 Anda Kursiša obtained the certificate of energy auditor of buildings, in 2011 – the certificate of Passive House Designer. In 2012, Anda graduated from the Master’s program in Sustainable Construction in Austria. Since 2016, Anda Kursiša is also a certified expert in architectural solutions. In 2016, Virtu was joined by architect Inese Maurāne, adding to her competence her qualification as an architectural expert and Passive House designer. From 2019, architect Jānis Bumbieris contributes to procurement, contracts, and operational planning. We are currently working in CAD, REVIT, Archicad and BIM (Building Information Model) environments. A secure external server is available for project documentation circulation.
Our attitude towards projects is characterized by cooperation – and immersion in both customer business technologies and the nuances of construction administrative processes. We prefer long-term cooperation with clients, establishing and maintaining business relations, for example, with JSC Valmieras Stikla šķiedra and JSC Dinex Latvia from 2010, with SIA Vidzemes slimnīca from 2014.